The 2010 National Pollutant Release Inventory reporting requirements were issued in December 2010. Information is to be provided to the Federal Minister of Environment no later than June 1, 2011.
The reporting requirements refer to a total of 366 substances, including carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, PM 2.5, PM 10, total particulate matter and volatile organic compounds.
Changes for 2010 reporting include:
- removing the requirement to report
- the Canadian and United States Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes
- anticipated quantities of releases, disposals and recycling for each of the three subsequent years
- adding requirements to report
- provincial identification numbers for facilities in the conventional oil and gas extraction sector
- information related to updates of pollution prevention plan and whether the plan addresses energy or water conservation
For further information see Canada Gazette, Part I, December 11, 2010, page 3114