On 11 December 2013, the Central Bank of Ireland released its statistics on market-based financing activities of financial and non-financial firms incorporated in Ireland at end October 2013. It contains information on the volume of bonds and notes issued during October, as well as the market valuation of outstanding equity shares by sector of issuer at end October. The sectors of the issuer are:
- other financial intermediaries;
- non-financial corporates;
- insurance companies and pension funds.
The key findings are as follows:
- the outstanding amount of debt securities issued by Irish financial and non-financial firms, and by the government sector was €875.7 billion at end October 2013, a decrease of 5% year on year. The outstanding amount of debt securities issued by euro area residents decreased by 1%;
- the outstanding amount of long term government debt securities remained broadly unchanged at approximately €115 billion, an increase of 30% year on year;
- market based debt financing for the banking sector stood at €67.2 billion in October 2013, a decrease of 24% year on year;
- equity shares had an outstanding value of almost €244.6 billion at end October. This includes quoted shares (€244.3 billion) which saw a year on year net increase of 26%. The value of the stock up quoted shares issued by Euro area residence increased by 25%.