On September 4, 2014, the U.S. International Trade Commission issued a press release announcing their vote to institute an investigation of Certain Beverage Brewing Capsules, Components Thereof, and Products Containing the Same (Inv. No. 337-TA-929).
The investigation is based on an August 4, 2014 complaint, August 14, 2014 amended complaint and August 22, 2014 supplement filed by Adrian Rivera Maynez Enterprises, Inc. of Santa Fe Springs, California and Adrian Rivera of Whittier, California alleging violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S. and sale of certain beverage brewing capsules, components thereof, and products containing the same that infringe one or more claims of U.S. Patent No. 8,720,320. See our August 6, 2014 post for more details on the complaint.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the Commission has identified the following entities as respondents in this matter:
- Solofill LLC of Houston, Texas
- DonGuan Hai Rui Precision Mould Co., Ltd. of China
- Eko Brands, LLC of Woodinville, Washington
- Evermuch Technology Co., Ltd. of Hong Kong
- Ever Much Co. Ltd. of China
- Melitta USA, Inc. of North Clearwater, Florida
- LBP Mfg. Inc. of Cicero, Illinois
- LBP Packaging (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd. of China
- Spark Innovators, Corp. of Fairfield, New Jersey
- B. Marlboros International Ltd. (HK) of Hong Kong
- Amazon.com, Inc. of Seattle, Washington
Lastly, Chief ALJ Charles E. Bullock issued a notice indicating that Theodore R. Essex will be the presiding Administrative Law Judge in this investigation.