The Government has issued consultation on various issues relating to ending employment relationships, covering settlement agreements (the new name for compromise agreements), protected conversations and unfair dismissal compensation.
- Making offers of settlement inadmissible in unfair dismissal claims;
- Introducing a standard settlement agreement;
- A guideline tariff to assist settlement negotiations;
- A statutory Code of Practice setting out the broad principles governing a settlement; and
- A cap on the unfair dismissal compensatory award of 12 months’ pay.
Consultation closes on 23 November 2012.