On 25 June 2017 the Ministry of Economy announced a new website for interested parties to send and publish their comments, as well as their proposals through digital files, regarding the modernization of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
This website is enabled following up on the order of the Mexican President and as part of the permanent enquiry process for guiding the modernization of NAFTA, extending online the public enquiry process that has been performed in the past months, to more sectors of the country.
The Ministry of Economy will be receiving comments and proposals through the enabled website (http://www.economia-snci.gob.mx/tlcan/) from 26 June to 26 July 2017.
The Ministry of Economy held an enquiry period from February 1 to May 3, 2017 with certain productive sectors of the country through the Strategic Advisory Council on International Negotiations, which groups the business chambers and associations, and with farmer organizations, agriculture producers, educational institutions and representatives from the cultural sector.
The topics mainly covered in this website are:
- Agroindustrial sector
- Manufacturing and services sector
- Rules of Origin and procedures related to origin
- Textile and clothing goods
- Customs administration and trade facilitation
- Technical obstacles to commerce
- Cross-Border Services Trade
- Temporary Entry of Business People
- Commercial Remedies (Chapter XIX)