On March 8, the Senate Budget Committee will hold a hearing titled, "Distribution and Efficiency of Spending in the Tax Code."
- Robert Greenstein (Executive Director, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities), Robert McIntyre (Director, Citizens for Tax Justice), and Scott Hodge (President, Tax Foundation) are scheduled to testify.
- Tomorrow, the Senate Finance Committee will hold a hearing titled, "Does the Tax System Support Economic Efficiency, Job Creation and Broad-Based Economic Growth?"
- The witnesses at the hearing will be:
- Dr. Alan Auerbach, Robert D. Burch, Professor of Economics and Law, UC Berkeley
- Dr. R. Glenn Hubbard, Dean and Russell L. Carson, Professor of Finance and Economics, Columbia University Graduate School of Business
- Dr. James K. Galbraith, Lloyd M. Bentsen, Jr., Chair in Government & Business Relations and Professor of Government, The University of Texas at Austin
- Mr. Michael Graetz, Isidor and Seville Sulzbacher Professor of Law, Columbia Law School, New York, NY