The UK's Department for Business, Innovation & Skills has today published a Notice to UK exporters, Notice 2016/05, on the lifting of the EU nuclear-related sanctions against Iran: http://blogs.bis.gov.uk/exportcontrol/uncategorized/notice-to-exporters-201605-eu-ends-economic-and-nuclear-related-sanctions-against-iran/
This Notice provides a helpful summary of the range of items that are no longer prohibited from supply to Iran, but are subject to UK export licensing requirements as of Implementation Day. This includes:
- Nuclear-related goods and technology as specified on the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) Trigger List and the NSG Dual-Use List and listed in Annex I of Council Regulation (EU) 267/2012. The UK is required to seek approval from the UN Security Council through a 'Procurement Channel' before granting a licence for these items, in relation to which the Notice reveals that the UK Export Control Organisation will be issuing guidance in due course.
- Nuclear-related goods and technology as listed in Annex II of Council Regulation (EU) 267/2012.
- Metals: certain graphite and raw or semi-finished metals.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, including updates.
- Provision of technical assistance, brokering services, or financial assistance related to any of the above.