On December 17, 2018, DOE issued the Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Phase I Release 2 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs. Encouraging qualified small businesses with strong research capabilities in science or engineering, the following DOE program offices are offering funding opportunities:
- Office of Cybersecurity, Energy Security, and Emergency Response;
- Office of Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation;
- Office of Electricity;
- Office of Environmental Management;
- Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy;
- Office of Fossil Energy;
- Office of Fusion Energy Sciences;
- Office of High Energy Physics; and
- Office of Nuclear Energy.
Phase I Release 2 topics can be found here and the FOA, here. First-time applicants are required to complete a number of registrations prior to submitting an application. DOE recommends candidates start applying at least six weeks prior to application submission.