We do not practice Law where prohibited by local laws
Pangea3 Legal Managed Services became part of EY on 1 June 2019
EY legal services address today’s issues and help shape the future with customized and agile strategies that span across the entire legal function. From legal advisory (where permitted) and operations to managed services, we provide the informed services the legal department needs to better enable the business and drive additional value. With the recent acquisition of Thomson Reuters Pangea3 Legal Managed Services, EY is further broadening our ability to help corporate legal departments around the world looking for ways to transform their practice and deliver meaningful value to the business.
How EY can help
Businesses today face the dual challenge of increased costs and regulations. With pressure to do more with less, legal departments are seeking new ways to modernize the legal function to deliver meaningful value to the organization. Increasingly, legal functions tell us they want to operate more efficiently and transparently and have insight into the data, analytics and intelligence associated with legal matters. This enables them to become a more integrated, strategic partner aligned to the business. It can be difficult for legal departments to determine how to begin this process, where to focus, what resources can be leveraged and what success looks like. This is where EY helps.
At EY, we believe the answers lie in connectivity, creating an ecosystem that is shaped for the future. We leverage our existing cross-function relationships and global, multidisciplinary approach to connect the right people in the right places with technology-driven workflow, weaving the legal function into the entire business process. With multidisciplinary teams helping EY clients address business challenges beyond the legal function, we provide services for today while customizing strategies for the future.
Using data to make better and quicker decisions
Effectively managing data can lead to better and quicker decisions. Imagine if:
- All the instructions coming into the legal department are complete, actionable and routed to the appropriate individual, team or third party
- You can see all matters that are being managed by the GCO, internally or externally, and the status and risk of each
- You could offload high-volume repetitive and standardized legal work tasks
- Work that can be self-served by the business is self-served with templates and clauses controlled by the legal and risk functions with full audit capability
- You know the value of all procurement and sales contracts being worked by business, product, category, geography or supplier and customer
- You know the litigation exposure and the sources of the issues
- You know which leases, customer contracts and supplier engagements are approaching renewal
- You can see the trend data for all legal activity, assisting the evolution of a streamlined and effective legal services operating model