U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has made the following changes to its E-Verify Web interface:
- Added U.S. Passport Photo Matching, a new feature that uses data and photos from the U.S. passport system to assist in the verification process
- Changed the title “Designated Agent” to “E-Verify Employer Agent”
- Updated the following USCIS publications:
- E-Verify User Manual for Employers
- E-Verify User Manual for Federal Contractors
- E-Verify User Manual for E-Verify Employer Agent
- E-Verify Quick Reference Guide for Employers
- E-verify Quick Reference Guide for E-Verify Employer Agent
USCIS has also launched E-Verify Connection, a newsletter on E-Verify developments. The first issue is available here.
You may join the newsletter distribution list by e-mailing “subscribe” toE-VerifyOutreach@dhs.gov.
For more information on these developments, click here.
In related news, Florida recently began requiring certain state agencies and contractors to use E-Verify, while Rhode Island has rescinded its E-Verify requirement for state contractors.