Australian Taxation Office
New or updated materials on ATO website, including:
- Class ruling scheduled to be released on Wednesday
- Reviewing Taxable Payments Annual Reports: the ATO is contacting businesses in the building and construction industry about information provided to the ATO on their Taxable Payments Annual Report
- Claiming website development costs for small businesses
Customs and Trade
The President of the European Commission, the President of the European Council and Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull have announced that they have agreed to commence work toward the launch of negotiations for a European-Australia Free Trade Agreement to support sustainable growth and investment, open up new commercial opportunities and promote innovation and employment in Australia and the EU.
- On 11-12 November 2015, the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) held the first Asia-Pacific Technical Meeting on Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) to discuss the outcomes of the BEPS Project, and the challenges countries face in the region in implementing BEPS, and explored how countries in the region can engage in the implementation, on-going development and monitoring of the measures adopted, on an equal footing.
- This Tax Policy Bulletin discusses the final report from the OECD on BEPS Action 6, preventing treaty benefits in inappropriate cases.