I see that ACAS have published a thought provoking document - The Future Of Workplace Relations - An ACAS View. According to ACAS the paper “is a tentative attempt to map some of the implications of the evolving modern workplace and to encourage debate on the direction of travel for employment relations over the coming decade.”
Whilst relatively brief the paper covers a very broad range of topics including:-
- Changing profile of the workforce
- Ageing population and eldercare
- Women and equality
- Agency workers
- Employees’ experience of work
- Trade unions and collective bargaining
- Regulation and litigation
- Managing the workforce
- Performance management
- Implications of use of technology for working practices
- Managing conflict
Well worth a read if you have a spare 10 minutes or so today.
Comments and opinions on the document can be sent back to ACAS at email@example.com.