- Revise and electronically post notices of privacy practices by September 23, 2013;
- Distribute notices of privacy practices by November 22, 2013;
- Revise HIPAA policies and procedures to incorporate new standards for breach notifications, restrictions on the use of genetic information, restrictions on the use of protected health information for marketing purposes and other changes by September 23, 2013;
- Incorporate required provisions into new business associate contracts entered into on and after September 23, 2013; and
- Amend existing business associate contracts by September 23, 2014 (provided that they were in existence before January 25, 2013 and were not renewed or modified from March 26, 2013 until September 23, 2013).
Register now for your free, tailored, daily legal newsfeed service.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister
Be sure to consider all changes included in “omnibus rule”
Popular articles from this firm
If you would like to learn how Lexology can drive your content marketing strategy forward, please email email@example.com.
Related topic hubs
Senior Legal Counsel, Bankwest Business
Bank of Western Australia Ltd
"Lexology is one of the few newsfeeds that I do actually look over as and when it comes in - the information is current; has good descriptive headings so I can see quickly what the articles relate to and is not too long."