On November 9, 2012, the U.S. International Trade Commission issued a press release announcing their vote to institute an investigation of Certain Cases For Portable Electronic Devices (Inv. No. 337-TA-861).
The investigation is based on a September 26, 2012 complaint filed by Speculative Product Design, LLC of Mountain View, California alleging violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S. and sale of certain protective cases for portable handheld electronic devices that infringe one or more claims of U.S. Patent No. 8,204,561. See our September 27, 2012 post for more details.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the ITC has identified the following companies as the respondents in this investigation:
- Anbess Electronics Co. Ltd. of China
- BodyGlove International, LLC of Redondo Beach, California
- Fellowes, Inc. of Itasca, Illinois
- ROCON Digital Technology Corp. of China
- SW-Box.com a/k/a Cellphonezone Limited of Hong Kong
- Trait Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. d/b/a Trait-Tech of China
- Hongkong Wexun Ltd. of China
- Wexun Tech (HongKong) Co., Ltd. of China
Lastly, Chief ALJ Charles E. Bullock issued a notice indicating that Thomas B. Pender will be the presiding Administrative Law Judge in this investigation.