9.17.2009 SEC Chairman Mary Schapiro spoke at the 2009 conference on Transatlantic Corporate Governance Dialogue and addressed some activities taking place at the SEC. In particular, she discussed how the SEC is working to:
- Curb abusive and unfair trading practices;
- Improve the performance of those market intermediaries upon whom investors rely;
- Improve the accountability of corporate managers to their owners;
- Enhance the strength and integrity of important investment products; and
- Improve market transparency.
Click http://www.sec.gov/news/speech/2009/spch091709mls.htm to access the remarks.