The purpose of the proposed amending directive is:
- to improve the engagement of institutional investors and asset managers with listed companies;
- to strengthen the link between pay and performance of directors of listed companies;
- to improve shareholder oversight of related party transactions;
- to improve the transparency of shareholders and of proxy advisors; and
- to ease the exercise of rights flowing from securities for investors.
Full details of the proposals are contained in a presentation issued by the European Commission.
The DJEI is seeking comments on all aspects of the proposed directive. The deadline for submissions is Friday 13 June 2014.