In the latest episode of the Matheson Employment Law Podcast Series, Bryan Dunne and Niall Pelly look at their predictions for the top five employment law trends for 2017. These five trends include:
1. Continued changes to how employers apply suspension and run suspension meetings post Reilly v BOI;
2. A substantial increase in the level of whistleblowing claims;
3. A further rise in the level of trade union activity and number of recognition campaigns in the private sector;
4. A continued rise in the number of dismissals leading to High Court injunction proceedings; and
5. Broader use of no fault terminations to manage the risk of employment injunctions.
The review also considers some observations on running hearings before the Workplace Relations Commission and workplace audits from the Commission's inspectors.
Listen to the podcast to find out what these trends mean for you and your business in 2017, and how to prepare for them. You can also access earlier episodes in the Matheson Employment Law Podcast Series here.
The Irish Employment Law Podcast Series is produced by Bryan Dunne, Head of Employment at Matheson. In the series he discusses the latest developments in employment law. The podcasts are a key resource in keeping up to date for HR practitioners, employment lawyers and international employers with employees in Ireland.