In This Issue:
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Although consumers have started returning to grocery stores, demand has not reached pre-pandemic levels according to a recent report by Placer.ai.
- Better Juice, a foodtech company that naturally reduces sugars from fruit juices, raised $8 million in its recent funding round, a further indication of consumers' preferences for healthier diets and reduced sugar intake.
- The IPO market is becoming increasingly receptive to food and beverage companies. Chobani announced that it filed a confidential registration statement with the SEC in preparation for its public offering.
- Plant-based meat companies continue to expand their market share and financial reserves. Aleph Farms, a cell-based cultivated meat startup, closed its $105 million Series B round. Meati, a whole-cut meat alternative startup, raised $50 million in its Series B round.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured corporate venture and private equity fund is Chobani Incubator.
- Chobani Incubator gives startups investment capital and access to its network and expertise in order to scale operations and achieve significant growth.
- Chobani Incubator looks for:
- Companies creating delicious, nutritious, natural and accessible food
- Purpose-driven companies that want to deliver better food to more people
- Products that are accessible and affordable to all
- Representative companies include:
- A Dozen Cousins
- Sherpa Foods
- Bread SRSLY'
- Holmes Mouthwatering Applesauce