The fifth statement of new regulation, published earlier this week, includes some new information about the Government’s timetable for employment law reforms. So here is a quick summary of what we now know about its main plans for the first half of 2013.
- Annual uprating of limits: the upper limit on a week’s pay rises to £450 and the maximum compensatory award will go up to £74,200. The formula for calculating future increases will also be changed.
- Parental leave increases from 13 to 18 weeks per parent per child.
- Equality Act 2010 will be amended to remove third party harassment provisions and questionnaire procedure.
- New employment tribunal rules will be introduced (see our posting here for more details).
- Proposals for employee-shareholder status to be implemented (see here for more details).
- Minimum consultation period for the largest-scale collective redundancies halves to 45 days (see here for more).
- Scope of protection for whistleblowers to be narrowed to incorporate public interest test.