The Global Life Sciences & Healthcare Sector Group, along with the Lifesciences Asia-Pacific Network (LAN), are delighted to release the latest episode in its video/podcast series, On the Pulse.
The series brings together CMS lawyers, and in this particular episode experts from LAN, to discuss key industry topics impacting, innovating and disrupting the life sciences & healthcare sector.
In Episode #10 – Digital health in Asia-Pacific, Nick Beckett talks with Alan Adcock of Tilleke & Gibbins in Thailand, Chie Kasahara of Atsumi & Sakai in Japan and Ki Young Kim of Yulchon LLC in Korea.
In this episode, we discuss:
- A fragmented situation in APAC in terms of government policy and support for digital health initiatives
- A lack of a clear definition of “digital health” in most jurisdictions, and a mixed regulatory environment, with a need to update the laws in many jurisdictions
- How to deal with privacy concerns with the use of personal data with digital health technologies
- How to protect the intellectual property associated with digital health innovation
- Developments in telemedicine in the APAC region and support for remote care and online consultations
Download also a copy of our ‘Digital Health in Asia-Pacific’ guide here.
For more information on digital health in Asia-Pacific and the issues we have discussed, contact us or your regular CMS experts.
To watch and listen to our previous ‘On the Pulse’ episodes, visit:
- Episode #1 - A legal roadmap for Cannabis – here
- Episode #2 - Advertising medicines and medical devices – here
- Episode #3 – Digital Health – Part 1 - here
- Episode #4 – Digital Health – Part 2 - here
- Episode #5 – Product Liability and Medical Malpractice - here
- Episode #6 – Collaboration Disrupted: New models and players in Life Sciences collaboration – here
- Episode #7 – Telemedicine – here
- Episode #8 – Public Procurement - here
- Episode #9 – Compulsory Licensing - here