The European Commission has published issue 46 of its newsletter, Single Market News. This issue of Single Market News covers:
- Solvency II: EU to take the global lead in insurance regulation.
- Impact of EU recommendations on directors’ pay and independence.
- Scoreboard: Member States need to focus on correctly applying IM rules.
- EU cuts red tape at record speed.
- Commission consults on possible European Private Company Statute.
- Commission plans to simplify EU rules on company law, accounting and auditing.
- Audit profession gives support to reform of liability rules.
- Consultation shows support for action on non-EU audit firms.
- Report shows progress in convergence of accounting standards in key partner countries.
- Experts study bank account mobility.
View Single Market News, 3 August 2007