By 329 votes to 302, MPs vote to approve Sir Oliver Letwin’s amendment allowing the Commons to take control of the parliamentary agenda to hold indicative votes on Brexit options this Wednesday. The various Brexit options could include:
- Revoking Article 50 and cancelling Brexit
- Another referendum
- The PM’s deal plus a customs union
- The PM’s deal plus both a customs union and single market access
- A Canada-style free trade agreement
- Leaving the EU without a deal
In addition, Margaret Beckett’s proposed amendment which stated that if the UK is seven days away from leaving without a deal, the government must move a motion within two sitting days (or recall Parliament) to vote on whether to go ahead with no-deal or request an extension “to give time for Parliament to determine a different approach” was rejected by three.