The Pension Service, part of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), has published a guide entitled “A Detailed Guide to State Pensions for Advisers and Others”, specifically targeted at professional and voluntary advisers. The guide provides detailed information about state pensions and explains the changes brought about by the Pensions Act 2007 which mainly affect those reaching state pension age on or after 6 April 2010.
- The guide focuses on answering the following crucial questions:
- What is a state pension?
- How to obtain a forecast of a state pension entitlement?
- How to qualify for a state pension?
- How are entitlements calculated under a state pension?
- How to claim a state pension?
- What are the effects of claiming a state pension?
View the guide (479KB)(pdf).