- The AEMC published an issues paper for public consultation to commence the review of the national framework for transmission reliability, following a request from the Standing Council on Energy and Resources.
- The AEMC published an consultation paper and commenced public consultation on a rule change request from EnergyAustralia which relates to the existing arrangements under the National Electricity Rules regarding retailers (and their authorised agents) access to NMI (National Metering Identifier) standing data.
The Rule change request is seeking to clarify retailer obligations and amend the NER to permit retailer authorised agents to access NMI standing data. This clarification is to allow the authorised agents to perform consumer acquisition and other relevant services on behalf of a retailer
The AEMC has also published an information sheet to facilitate stakeholder feedback on the rule change proposal. Submissions are due by 26 April 2013.
- Late last year, the AEMC commenced its review of competition in the New South Wales (NSW) small customer electricity and natural gas retail markets (NSW Review). This review is in response to a notification from the Standing Council on Energy and Resources (SCER), through the Ministerial Council on Energy (MCE), providing the AEMC with a request to undertake a review and provide advice on the state of competition in the NSW electricity and natural gas retail markets for small customers.
- On 28 February the AEMC released four consultant reports to inform its review of competition in the New South Wales small customer electricity and natural gas retail markets (NSW Review). The first public forum was held on 20 March 2013. Presentations made at this forum and the earlier consultants reports can be accessed here.
- The AEMC final report is due in September 2013.