Ordinance No RD-02-20-6 on the technical requirements for the physical security of buildings will come into effect in April 2017. The Ordinance was necessary to bring Bulgarian law in line with EC Regulation 305/2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products.
The Ordinance details the main requirements of the Spatial Development Act regarding design and execution of construction work and also:
- Classifies construction work by category of physical security:
- Very high risk construction work - I category;
- High risk construction work - II category;
- Medium risk construction work - III category;
- Low risk construction work - IV category;
- Very low risk construction work - V category.
- Aligns the minimum requirements for physical security of buildings with European standards regarding such things as: security lighting, alarm systems and physical access control systems and devices.
- Provides technical requirements for the design and implementation of compulsory and recommended components and their composite parts according to the category of physical security of the building.
The Ordinance establishes a legal environment for increasing the security of buildings in Bulgaria, which will facilitate exchanges in the construction field between Member States and also increase the competitiveness of the construction market in the country. Also, by harmonising the physical security of buildings with European design standards and technical specifications and introducing new classifications depending on the risk rate, the inconsistencies with EU standards will be eliminated.