Members of Venable’s Consumer Financial Services Practice, along with Paula-Rose Stark, a former attorney at the CFPB, now with Chain Bridge Partners, LLC, recently discussed the current and evolving state of federal and state consumer financial protection law and policy. They outlined what you and your company need to know about what’s ahead and shared their experiences from the front lines, offering insights and strategies to help companies navigate the evolving legal and political landscape.
- The impact of the current political climate on enforcement actions;
- Interacting, negotiating, and litigating with the CFPB;
- Tips for managing risk due to enforcement investigations and actions;
- Crisis management strategies;
- New administration: prospects for reform and leadership changes;
- Examination: lessons learned and preparing for the future; and
- CFPB, State Attorneys General, and other enforcement agency developments, and what’s next.
This webinar focused on providers of consumer financial products and services and their service providers, including advertisers, in such markets as student loans, mortgage lending and servicing, auto lending, small dollar lending, consumer reporting, consumer credit and related services, money transmission and check cashing, prepaid cards, debt collection, and debt relief services.
The handouts are available to download here.