The FTC agreed to ”settle charges against 14 companies for falsely claiming to participate in the international privacy framework known as the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor. Three of the companies were also charged with similar violations related to the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor.” The Atlanta Falcons, Denver Broncos, and Tennessee Titans were among the 14:
- American Apparel
- Apperian, Inc.
- Atlanta Falcons Football Club, LLC
- Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- BitTorrent, Inc.
- Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- DataMotion, Inc.
- DDC Laboratories, Inc.
- Fantage, Inc.
- Level 3 Communications, LLC
- PDB Sports, Ltd., d/b/a Denver Broncos Football Club
- Reynolds Consumer Products Inc.
- Receivable Management Services Corporation
- Tennessee Football, Inc. (Tennessee Titans)
The big question is, why would pro football teams misrepresent Safe-Harbor participation with the EU?