The Commission's proposals include:
- establishing a unified EU classification system for sustainable finance;
- creating EU labels for green financial products on the basis of this EU classification system;
- clarifying the duty of asset managers and institutional investors to take sustainability into account in the investment process and enhance disclosure requirements;
- requiring insurance and investment firms to advise clients on the basis of their preferences on sustainability;
- incorporating sustainability in prudential requirements;
- enhancing transparency in corporate reporting.
The Commission is holding a high-level conference to discuss the action plan on 22 March 2018