CBI publish Investment Fund Statistics for Q2 2019
- net asset value increased by 2.7% to €2219bn, reflecting gains in debt securities and significant net subscriptions
- total assets held grew by €73bn to €2662bn, including debt securities which grew by €35bn
- all fund types, except hedge funds and equities, recorded net purchases of assets
- all fund types, except hedge funds, recorded an increase in the value of their assets
- US dollar denominated debt securities account for 39% of holdings, while UK pound denominated holdings account for 33%. Euro denominated holdings account for 20%, an increase of 8%
European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs) respond to European Commission letter on the exclusion of some performance scenarios options in the PRIIPs consumer testing
On 7 August 2019, the ESAs responded to the European Commission letter dated 19 July on the exclusion of some performance scenarios options in the PRIIPs consumer testing. In the 19 July letter, the European Commission informed the ESAs that three of the proposed options shall be excluded. The ESAs believe that consumer testing can give its best insights if a wide range of different options are considered. The ESAs believe that an exclusion of different options on the basis of their conformity with existing regulations could excessively limit the value of the testing feedback.
MiFID II: European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) issues latest double volume cap data
On 7 August 2019, ESMA updated its public register with the latest set of double volume cap (DVC) data under MiFID II. The update included DVC data and calculations for the period from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019, as well as updating already published data. There have been 84 new breaches in this period and as of 7 August; there are a total of 267 instruments currently suspended.
ESMA publishes data for the systematic internaliser calculations for equity, equity-like instruments and bonds
On 2 August 2019, ESMA published data for the systematic internaliser calculations for equity, equity-like instruments and bonds under MiFID and MiFIR. ESMA published the total number of trades and total volume between January and June 2019 for the purpose of the systematic internaliser calculations for 22,961 equity and equity-like instruments and for 333,459 bonds. The publication of the data for the SI calculations for derivatives and other instruments has been delayed until 2020 at the latest.