A number of minor changes to the Immigration Rules came into force on 1 July 2013.
- changes to the documents required for approved English language tests;
- clarification that ‘regulated financial institutions’ means those regulated to provide personal savings accounts or student loans;
- more legal courses are now exempt from the time limit on study for Tier 4 student visas; and
- a resident labour market test is not needed for applications for a religious worker (Tier 5) extension.
Other changes include:
- some minor updates and clarifications to the family Immigration Rules; and
- changes to the list of financial institutions in Bangladesh and Ghana from which documents can be verified.
Tuberculosis screening is now required in more countries including:
- Hong Kong;
- Sierra Leone;
- Vietnam; and