On October 6, 2014, the U.S. International Trade Commission issued a press release announcing their vote to institute an investigation of Certain Stainless Steel Products, Certain Processes for Manufacturing or Relating to Same and Certain Products Containing Same (Inv. No. 337-TA-932).
The investigation is based on a September 5, 2014 complaint filed by Valbruna Slater Stainless, Inc. of Fort Wayne, Indiana, Valbruna Stainless Inc. of Fort Wayne, Indiana, and Acciaierie Valbruna S.p.A. of Italy (collectively, "Valbruna") alleging violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S. and sale of certain stainless steel products manufactured using Valbruna's allegedly stolen trade secrets. See our September 8, 2014 post for more details on the complaint.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the Commission has identified the following as the respondents in this matter:
- Viraj Profiles Limited of India
- Viraj Holdings P. Ltd. of India
- Viraj – U.S.A., Inc. of Garden City, New York
- Flanschenwerk Bebitz GmbH of Germany
- Bebitz Flanges Works Pvt. Ltd. of India
- Bebitz U.S.A. of Garden City, New York
- Ta Chen Stainless Pipe Co., Ltd. of Taiwan
- Ta Chen International, Inc. of Long Beach, California
Lastly, Chief ALJ Charles E. Bullock issued a notice indicating that Theodore R. Essex will be the presiding Administrative Law Judge in this investigation.