With the summer travel season approaching fast, remember that as of June 1, 2009, U.S. and Canadian citizens age 16 and older entering the U.S. by land or sea will be required to present either a passport, or another designated document (such as, Trusted Traveler Card, U.S. Passport Card, or Enhanced Driver`s License) at the port of entry. Children under age 16 will only be required to present a birth certificate or alternate proof of citizenship. An early application for travel documents is advisable.