The Department of State (DOS) has revised certain nonimmigrant and immigrant visa fees. DOS has adjusted the visa fees in the following categories:
- E visas – treaty/trader and Australian specialty occupation visas decreased to $205 (from $270).
- K visas – Fiancé(e) or Spouse of U.S. citizen category visa increased to $265.
- Immigrant visa application processing fee based on an approved I-130 Immediate Relative of Family Preference petition increased to $325.
- Immigrant visa processing fee based on an approved I-140 employment-based petition decreased to $345 (from $405).
As detailed on the DOS website, the following procedures apply:
- DOS will not refund the difference for fees that have been lowered.
- If you are applying for a category where the fee has been raised and you have already paid the fee, you are not required to pay the difference between the amount you paid and the new fee as long as your appointment is on or before December 11, 2014.
- If you are applying for a category where the fee has been raised, you are required to pay the difference between the amount you paid and the new fee if your appointment is on or after December 12, 2014.