A number of recent Congressional hearings have focused on health policy issues, including the following:
- A House Small Business Healthcare Subcommittee hearing on “Medicare's Durable Medical Equipment Competitive Bidding Program: How Are Small Suppliers Faring?”
- Senate Aging Committee hearings on “Implementing the Physician Payments Sunshine Act” and “Eliminating Waste and Fraud in Medicare: An Examination of Prior Authorization Requirements for Power Mobility Devices.”
- A House Oversight Committee hearing entitled “Administration's Failure to Prevent/End Medicaid Overpayments.”
- House Ways and Means Committee hearings on (1) implementation of ACA health insurance exchanges and related provisions; (2) the status of Medicare Advantage (MA) plans; and (3) the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) implementation of various ACA tax provisions.
- A House Energy and Commerce Committee hearing on HHS’s use of special hiring authorities under Title 42 to appoint and compensate specialized science and research positions.