As part of our Hurricane Harvey relief efforts, we have compiled this list of resources available to those who have been adversely affected by the storm. This list is intended for educational and informational purposes only and may not be applicable to individual circumstances. It does not constitute, and should not be relied upon as, legal advice or services. For legal advice with respect to your specific circumstances, you should consult with your own attorney.
Insurance Claims and Assistance
- Step by Step Guide – Filing A Flood Claim (FEMA)
- Flood Claims Process Fact Sheet (FEMA)
- Contact Information and Online Submission Form for FEMA (FEMA)
- Emergency Lodging Assistance Program (FEMA)
- Childcare Assistance/Reimbursement (FEMA)
- Disaster Assistance Online Application; or call 1.800.621.3362
- FEMA Mobile App – Download to receive alerts from the National Weather Service, get safety and survival tips, customize your emergency checklist, and find your local shelter.
Links to External Resources
- Road Closures – drivetexas.org
- Hurricane Harvey News and Resources (FEMA)
- Returning to a Flooded Home
- Consumer Protection – Report contractor scams, price gouging or other issues
- https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/consumer-protection; or call 214.969.7639
- The University of Houston Law Center - Center for Consumer Law – Advice in the areas of credit card and debt, automobile sales and repairs, housing/landlord disputes, and other legal issues