U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that it has started issuing an employment and travel authorization on a single card. The card will be issued to individuals who submit an I-765 application for an employment authorization document (EAD) and an I-131 application for an advance parole (AP) travel document, concurrently with an I-485 application. In other words, individuals filing for Adjustment of Status with an EAD and AP application will now receive a single document that authorizes both work and travel authorization. In the past, the EAD and AP were two separate documents.

USCIS will continue to issue separate EAD and AP documents as warranted. USCIS has issued an Update and Q&A to answer additional questions about the new combined EAD/AP card, which contains a sample of the new EAD/AP document.