The Land and Other Legislation Amendment Bill 2014 (Bill) was introduced into the Legislative Assembly on 19 March 2014 and is yet to reach a second reading stage.
The Bill, if passed, will amend:
- Acquisition of Land Act 1967
- Forestry Act 1959
- Land Act 1994 (LA)
- Land Title Act 1994 (LTA)
- Mineral Resources Act 1989 (MR Act)
- Sustainable Planning Regulation 2009
- Native Title (Queensland) Act 1993
- Nature Conservation Act 1992
- Petroleum Act 1923 (Petroleum Act)
- Petroleum and Gas (Production and Safety) Act 2004 (P&G Act)
- Water Act 2000 for particular purposes
- Water Regulation 2002 and other subordinate legislation under theWater Act 2000
The following table identifies the changes the Bill, if passed, is seeking to achieve:
Click here to view table.