For emerging and high growth companies, obtaining Series A financing from venture capital (VC) firms can be challenging and time consuming. In order to run a successful fundraising process, it’s important to think of it as selling your company – not just raising money.
It’s also important to prepare your story and supporting materials in advance, identify your targets, understand the internal approval process of the VC firm and find a champion at the firm to work with. Osler hosted this presentation by Liran Belenzon, CEO of BenchSci, which outlines best practices when trying to secure A Round financing in a timely fashion. Available in both webinar and PowerPoint format, the goal of this presentation is to provide you with tips on the following:
- Running a successful fundraising process
- Preparing your story, supporting materials and identifying your VC targets
- Understanding the internal approval process of a VC firm
- Telling a great story to investors
- Preparing a detailed deck
- Presenting to each investor separately for feedback
- VC process for evaluating an investment
- Getting a term sheet
Click here to view the video.