The Commission has published a table with the legislative and non-legislative acts it expects to adopt during the second half of 2012. These include:
- AIFMD implementing Level 2 measures in September;
- a proposal for a Directive on money laundering and terrorist financing, updating the third Money Laundering Directive (MLD3), by 7 November;
- a proposal for a Regulation on information on the payer and the beneficiary accompanying transfers of funds, also by 7 November;
- a Bank Accounts legislative package, aimed at increasing the transparency and comparability of bank account fees, and making bank account switching easier for consumers, in November;
- implementing measures for Solvency 2 in November; and
- a Securities Law Regulation, harmonising the legislation on book-entry securities, in December.
The Commission will also produce reports on:
- the revision of the Payment Services Directive;
- the revision of the Financial Conglomerates Directive;
- the application of the Directive on acquisitions and increase of holdings in the financial sector; and
- the application of the Capital Requirements Directive to microcredit finance businesses.
(Source: Commission’s Expected Actions H2 2012)