A new type of residence permit known as the intra-corporate transferee residence permit (ICT residence permit) came into force on 12 February 2018. A foreigner who holds that permit may (after fulfilling some additional conditions) – work not only in Poland, but also in other EU Member States.

In addition, foreigners who hold ICT permits issued by an EU country other than Poland may – after completing some extra formalities – also start working in Poland, with no need to seek a separate permit from the Polish authorities.

The new permits are available to managers, specialists or trainees who meet certain conditions regarding their professional qualifications and experience. The length of the permit depends on the nature of the work. For managers and specialists, it is issued for three years and for trainees, up to one year.

Karolina Schiffter, partner at Raczkowski Paruch