Congressional committees continue to hold hearings on various health policy topics, including the following:
- A Senate Finance Committee hearing today focused on “Reviewing HealthCare.gov Controls.”
- The House Energy and Commerce Committee held hearings entitled “Medicare Part D: Measures Needed to Strengthen Program Integrity” and “Medicaid at 50: Strengthening and Sustaining the Program.”
- The Senate Special Committee on Aging held a hearing on “Diabetes Research: Improving Lives on the Path to a Cure,” and it has scheduled a July 22 hearing entitled “The Doctor’s Not In: Combating Medicare Provider Enrollment Fraud.”
- The House Ways and Means Subcommittee on Health is holding a hearing July 22 with the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission to discuss hospital payment issues, rural health issues, and beneficiary access to care.
- A Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee hearing addressed small business health care challenges and opportunities, and the panel plans a July 23 hearing on health information technology, focusing on information blocking and potential solutions.