FRC is consulting on a Stewardship Code for institutional investors. It is consulting on:
- whether the Institutional Shareholders’ Committee code is a good basis for the Stewardship Code, in either its existing or an amended form;
- the responsibilities for engagement of institutional shareholders and their agents to the beneficial owners whose money they manage;
- how to encourage UK and foreign investors to adopt the standards;
- what information investors should disclose on their engagement policy and practice; and
- how to monitor application of the Code.
It asks for views by 16 April.