The FSA has published a speech by Dan Waters (Director Retail Policy and Themes & Asset Management Sector Leader, FSA) entitled Current regulatory challenges: an update from the FSA. In his speech Mr Waters discusses:
- Property funds. Here Mr Waters discusses the liquidity difficulties that many property funds face and the importance of how firms communicate with their investors.
- Treating customers fairly and UK CIS operators. Mr Waters discusses the FSA’s recent TCF good practice illustrations for managers of UK CISs.
- Update on UCITS discussions. Mr Waters provides an update on the CESR consultation on the Key Information Document and the Review of the Simplified Prospectus. He then discusses the notification procedure and the management company passport.
- Call for Evidence on Product Transparency. Mr Waters discusses the European Commission’s call for evidence on the impact of the varied regulatory landscape for retail investment products.
- Feedback on some recent work the FSA has done on unbundling of commissions. Mr Waters discusses the FSA’s recent progress on its use-of-dealing-commission work.
View Current regulatory challenges: an update from the FSA, 24 January 2008