The Action Plan supports the goals and directions in Alberta’s renewed Water for Life Strategy. It will focus on two key themes: safeguarding water sources and accelerating Alberta’s commitment to action in the following areas:
- Address aquatic ecosystem degradation;
- Integrate water and land management;
- Create, enhance and use innovative tools and best practices;
- Clarify roles, responsibilities and accountabilities;
- Enhance data collection, analysis and reporting; and
- Expand public awareness programs to build shared commitment.
For more information see: www.waterforlife.alberta.ca.