In This Issue:
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Impossible Foods recently announced that it plans to introduce plant-based chicken products in the fall, expanding its offering of for plant-based meat alternative categories.
- The USDA and Biden Administration have committed to invest $500 million from the American Rescue Plan funds to develop meat and poultry processing facilities and $150 million for small processing centers to assist the meat and poultry industry.
- A recent survey by CS Partners found that 10% of foodtech and agritech C-suite executives are females and hold 70% of the top ten CEO salaries for CEOs in those sectors.
- Noblegen, a Canadian foodtech company utilizing microorganisms to develop proteins and ingredients, recently announced a Series C round seeking to raise CAD$500 million.
- Honey Mama's, a cacao-nectar bar startup, will begin selling its products in Whole Foods nationwide.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured corporate venture and private equity fund is BFG Partners.
- BFG Partners is a venture capital firm based in Boulder, Colorado. It focuses on investing in early stage, high growth consumer products companies that are better for the planet.
- Portfolio companies include:
- Bear Naked
- Birch Benders
- Good Day Chocolate
- BFG Partners' areas of focus include:
- Food & Beverage Forward thinking, high growth brands that are building out new categories with a better-for-you spin
- Personal Care Non-toxic brands that support overall health for both humans and the environment
- Home Goods Next generation brands that create a safer and more sustainable environment
- Dietary Supplements Clean label internal wellness brands that promote holistic health