New or updated materials on ATO website, including:
- Updated! Key superannuation rates and thresholds - updates include the following amounts for the 2015-16 year: concessional and non-concessional contributions caps, CGT cap amount, low rate cap amount, untaxed plan cap amount, ETP cap for life benefit termination payments, ETP cap for death benefit terminations payments, tax free part of genuine redundancy and early retirement scheme payments, and maximum super contributions base
- Class Rulings issuing this Wednesday (no major rulings scheduled to be released) Withdrawn ATO Interpretative Decisions:
- ATO ID 2002/496 (Withdrawn): Deductible Gift Recipient and Income Tax Exempt Status - Charitable Institution which promotes the prevention or control of disease in human beings
- ATO ID 2004/514 (Withdrawn): Division 7A: dividend deemed to an interposed entity - effect of section 109T of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936
- Decision Impact Statement on Albrecht v Commission of Taxation concerning the constitutional validity of superannuation contribution surcharge imposed on WA police officers. Comments due by 24 April 2015.