On 10 November 2017, the Governor of Queensland granted assent to the Housing Legislation (Building Better Futures) Amendment Bill 2017.
The following provisions that amend the Manufactured Homes (Residential Parks) Act 2003 (Qld) commence on assent (that is, on 10 November 2017):
- section 104 - park owner to respect the rights of home owners and other residents;
- section 105 - home owners to respect the rights of others;
- an amendment to section 16 to confirm that the home owner must comply with the obligations under the new section 105 (above); and
- amendments to section 17 to also:
- include reference to “the home owner’s tenant” in existing section 17(a), (b) and (c); and
- confirm that the park owner must comply with the obligations under the new section 104 (above).
All other provisions commence on a day to be fixed by proclamation, but a proclamation is yet to be issued.