- Certificate of Need Program
- AL2014-030, Redstone Military Retirement Residence Association, Huntsville, AL: Proposes to expand the existing 32-bed Specialty Care Assisted Living Facility (SCALF) by adding 16 SCALF beds pursuant to Section 410-2-4-.04(2)(d)(6)(ii) of the Alabama State Health Plan. Opposition: None.
- AL2014-031, Hospice Family Care, Inc., Huntsville, AL: Proposes to construct a 15-bed freestanding inpatient hospice facility on the campus of Redstone Village in Region II, Huntsville, Alabama, in conjunction with Huntsville Hospital and Redstone Village. Opposition: None.
- AL2014-033, Ball HealthCare – Macon, Inc., Tuskegee, AL: Proposes to relocate 34 skilled nursing facility beds from Salem Nursing and Rehabilitation Center of Tuskegee, Inc. to Magnolia Haven. Opposition: None.
- AL2014-034, The Health Care Authority for Baptist Health, An Affiliate of UAB Health System d/b/a Baptist Medical Center East, Montgomery, AL: Proposes to reallocate and renovate a portion of the women and children’s beds and services to the second floor and construct a new 26-bed post-partum unit, and construct a four-bed ICU step-down unit on the first floor. Opposition: None.
- Reviewability Determinations and Pending Reviewability Determinations
- Reviewability Determinations
RV2014-030, Jackson Hospital and Clinic requests to renovate the Labor & Delivery Department. Status: Non-Reviewable.
RV2014-032, Marion Regional HomeCare, LLC d/b/a Marion Regional Homecare, requests to relocate the home health administrative office from 1186 Military St. South, Hamilton, AL, to 234 1st Avenue SW, Ste. 2, Hamilton, AL. Status: Non-Reviewable.
RV2014-033, Restore Therapy Services Outpatient requests to provide only outpatient physical therapy services in Covington County. Status: Non-Reviewable.
- Pending Reviewability Determinations
RV2014-028, Surgicare of Mobile, Ltd., requests to add five operating rooms, 20 pre-/post-op bays, and four restrooms and to expand the waiting room and business office. Status: Pending
Opposition: Providence Hospital filed a letter opposing the Reviewability Determination Request. Mobile Infirmary Association d/b/a Mobile Infirmary Medical Center filed a letter opposing the Reviewability Determination Request. In litigation, CV2014-901553, Springhill Hospitals, Inc. filed Complaint for Declaratory Judgment and Injunctive Relief.
RV2015-001, Riverside Health & Rehabilitation, LLC, requests the agency issue a determination that (i) CON 2562-NH-MOD 2 is valid and subsisting; and (ii) the licensing of the 75-bed nursing facility authorized under CON 2562-NH-MOD 2 will not require any other CON review, except in respect to a change of ownership whereby membership interest and all interests in CON 2562-NH-MOD 2 will be transferred to West Alabama Health Properties, LLC; Riverside will be the 100%-owned subsidiary of West Alabama. Status: Pending.
RV2015-002, AseraCare Hospice-Russellville, LLC d/b/a AseraCare Hospice-Decatur, requests to relocate from 219 East Moulton Street, Decatur, AL to 715 6th Avenue S.E., Decatur, AL. Status: Pending.
RV2015-003, GGNSC Foley, LLC d/b/a Golden Living Center-Foley requests to add outpatient physical therapy. Status: Pending.
RV2015-004, Bio-Medical Applications of Alabama, Inc. d/b/a Fresenius Medical Care Tallassee, requests to establish a new 10-station ESRD facility in Elmore County. Status: Pending.
The next CON Review Board meeting will be held on December 17, 2014.