- The FCC has opened WT Docket No. 11-65 for its proceeding to review the AT&T-T-Mobile merger. Comment dates have not yet been set. To view the Public Notice, click here.
- The next FCC workshop on Universal Service and Intercarrier Compensation reform will be held April 27, 2011, at 9:30 am Eastern. It will take place in the Commission’s Meeting Room located at 445 12th Street, SW, Washington DC 20554. The focus will be the Connect America Fund (CAF). For further information, click here.
- Comments on the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) adopted by the FCC on February 8, 2011, regarding reform of the Universal Service fund (USF) and the intercarrier compensation (ICC) system are as follows:
Reply Comments on Section XV (Paragraphs 603-677) of the item, which regards “eliminating opportunities and incentives for arbitrage” in intercarrier compensation, are due today, April 18, 2011.
Comments on the remaining portions of the item are due today, April 18, 2011, and Reply Comments are due May 23, 2011.
Comments on the FCC’s proposed collection requirements under the Paperwork Reduction Act are due May 2, 2011.
- On April 11, 2011, the FCC released a Public Notice regarding consumers’ “need for speed” information on broadband. Noting that the lack of consumer understanding of broadband speed may affect subscribership, the FCC is seeking comment on what kind of speed data to collect and how to present it to consumers. Comments are due May 26, 2011, and Reply Comments are due June 16, 2011. The Public Notice is available here.
- Comments on the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to implement the Truth in Caller ID Act, Pub. L. No. 111-331, codified at 47 U.S.C. § 227(e), are due today, April 18, 2011, and Reply Comments are due May 3, 2011. WC Docket No. 11-39. To read our Alert on this item, click here. To view the NPRM, click here.