On 12 May 2016, the Presidency of the Council of the EU published a further compromise proposal of the draft Regulation on Money Market Funds (MMF Regulation), which was discussed in our April Front Page.
European Commission level 2 financial services measures
The EU Commission published an overview of its level 2 measures in the area of financial services. The overview comprises a table of level 2 measures (in preparation or adopted) relating to various level 1 legislation including:
- UCITS V Directive.
- MiFID II Directive and the Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation.
- Market Abuse Regulation.
- Payment Services Directive.
- EMIR (the Regulation on OTC derivative transactions, central counterparties and trade repositories.
- European Venture Capital Funds Regulation.
- European Social Entrepreneurship Funds Regulation.
- Regulation on improving securities settlement and regulating central securities depositories.
- Regulation on key information documents or packaged retail and insurance-based investment products.
- Regulation on European long-term investment funds.
- Regulation on reporting and transparency of securities financing transactions.